It's really easy to meet TREC's qualifications to become a real estate agent.
Here are the requirements you need to meet in order to get to the next step of taking your pre-licensing courses.
- You are a US citizen or a lawfully admitted alien.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a Texas resident.
- You meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity.
A high diploma is not required for you to become a real estate agent.
Regarding TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity, if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions below, you’ll need to request a Fitness Determination (FD) from TREC.
- Do you have any criminal offenses?
- Do you have any unpaid judgments?
- Have you had discipline taken against your professional or occupational license?
- Have you performed any unlicensed real estate activity?