First, contact TREC to ask them to resend your Eligibility Letter.
If that doesn’t work, you can submit an Open Records Request with TREC in writing. Here’s how to do it:
- Print and complete TREC’s public information request form. While it is optional, we recommend using this form so that you don’t accidentally leave out necessary information TREC may need to resend your eligibility letter.
- Include a detailed description about the information you are requesting.
- Send your request to TREC’s Public Information Officer.
- By email: send an email to [email protected].
- By mail: address it to the following address.
Public Information Officer
P.O. Box 12188
Austin, TX 78711-2188
- In person: go to the Stephen F. Austin Building located at 1700 N Congress Ave, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701
- By fax: TREC’s fax number is 512-936-3798
- They will respond to you as soon as possible, but it will depend on the amount of information you request. It is possible they will charge you a fee for providing a copy of your eligibility letter, but in our experience, this has not been the case. Please let us know if that happens!