While BVirtual does a great job of guiding you through their process by providing instructions in emails they send, having an easy-to-use interface, and by having live customer support available 24/7, here are the steps to scheduling your final exam and taking it:
- Whenever you reach the page to schedule your final exam, it simultaneously creates an account for you with BVirtual, our exam proctoring partner. This means that any time you need to access BVirtual to take your final exam, there isn’t any other username or password you need to keep track of. As long as you are signed into AceableAgent, you are also automatically signed into BVirtual.
- To schedule your exam, select your course and then click the blue "GO!" button. You will then see a calendar. Select any date and any available time to for your final exam appointment. Continue through the prompts until you receive a confirmation as well as a confirmation email. You're confirmed! Don't be late to your appointment.This is the confirmation email that you receive from BVirtual.
- Pro-tip: test your system on BVirtual before your appointment. When you are in BVirtual, there is a blue button that says “Test your system now”. You can also get to this page by clicking on the link in your confirmation email. It will tell you if your computer passes or fails the system test. To receive help, click on the blue “Need Help? Chat Live” button to get help from super knowledgeable BVirtual customer support agents. They are experts on ensuring this will work for you, so they will be your best resource for this process.
- Have all of your test-taking materials together. You’ll need to have your government-issued ID, calculator, scratch paper (must be blank on both sides), and a pen or pencil.
- At your appointment time, log in to BVirtual by following the instructions provided in your appointment confirmation email (under the section “Connecting To Your Proctor On The Day and Time of your EXAM” as step 2).
- Click the “Start Exam” button located to the far right of your appointment listed under "Scheduled Appointments".
- There is a checklist that you'll need to go through to prep yourself before the exam and proctoring begins. Complete every item on the checklist before continuing.
- You will now be taken to BVirtual’s Support Portal. At this point, a small program file will download to your computer. Follow the directions listed in the Support Portal -- these directions are tailored to your specific device, whether it’s a Windows computer or a Mac computer. This is an example of installing it on a Mac. Don't worry, Windows users. You are given easy instructions to follow.
- Click the file to open it and select “Run” or “Open” to install the program. If any pop-ups ask if you approve, click Yes or Okay.
- You’ll see a chat box pop up. Here is where your live proctor will connect with you and speak with you. If at any point you have technical questions, you can chat with your proctor for help.
- A candidate agreement will pop up. These are basically like the terms and conditions for taking your proctored final exam. Click “I have read and agree to the terms above” to continue.
- Your proctor will remotely take control of your computer for a few minutes to begin your proctoring session, close out all programs, clear your clipboard, and perform other security checks to ensure the exam is not being recorded and will not be interrupted. You will be able to see everything the proctor is doing.
- Your proctor will begin a video session with you, like Skype or FaceTime if you’ve ever used those. You can see and hear them and they can see and hear you. Additionally, your proctor can also see your screen and any background processes running on your computer. This is so they can ensure that there is absolutely no cheating. BVirtual’s proctors are highly trained to recognize any suspicious behaviors and it’s their everyday job! They’ve seen it all. Besides, showing mastery of the topics you’ve learned is crucial for you to become a real estate agent. It’s important to know your stuff and to take this seriously or risk failing the state licensing exam later.
- Your proctor will ask you to show your government ID. All you’ll need to do is hold it up to the webcam so that they can verify your identity.
- Your proctor will ask you to slowly move your webcam around the room to verify that you are alone and that your desk is clear. If you are using a laptop that has a webcam, pick up your laptop so that you can show your proctor the empty room and your cleared desk.
- When the screen prompts you, you will log in to your AceableAgent course and click “Resume Course”. This will take you to the page right before the final exam.
- See that area in red on the right-hand side? Your proctor will now enter a code which will unlock the final exam for you to take.
- Now, it’s time to take your exam. Don’t mind your proctor. You have two hours to take the exam. Best of luck!
- When you finish the exam, click Submit. We’ll show you your results immediately.
If you pass, we will email your completion certificate for that course within an hour.
If you fail the first time, you won’t be able to retake the test until 3 days later per state requirement. During this time, we recommend reviewing the course and taking practice tests. However, you will need to retake the test within 90 days of finishing your course or your account will be locked and you must retake the course. You’ll need to contact us in order to have your account reset at no extra cost. We do not charge any extra fees to retake the course.
If you fail a second time, unfortunately, you will have to retake the entire course from the beginning, but you will not be charged an extra fee to do so. It’s really important that you nail these concepts so that you will be a confident and knowledgeable real estate agent.