Before submitting your application, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete all 168-hours of pre-license education
- Pass both the state and national portions of the Colorado Real Estate Broker Licensing Exam - you’ll need to provide your Social Security number to your testing center so they can report your score to the Division of Real Estate, so you must have one to be eligible for your license.
- Complete a background check
- Obtain Errors & Omissions Insurance
You’ll also need to know which brokerage you will be working for once you earn your license. If you haven’t determined this by the time of your application, you will receive your license as inactive and will need to pay a fee to activate it.