I live out of state. Where should I take my fingerprints?

 According to the California Department of Real Estate website, out-of-state residents need to either:

  1. Make arrangements to get their fingerprints taken at a live scan service provider in California or
  2. Get fingerprinted out of state using the FBI Applicant Fingerprint Card (FD-258 Rev. 5/99).

 If you choose to go with option b, a fingerprint card can be obtained by contacting the Licensing Section at 877-373-4542. It should be taken to a local law enforcement agency for completion and submitted directly to DRE with the completed exam/license application, exam/license application fee, and $49 fingerprint processing fee.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!