Yes, you can. There are brokers who will work with part-time agents and some who will not. When looking for a broker, it’s your responsibility to ask each broker if they will take on part-time agents. Keep in mind though, the income potential is a lot higher for full-time agents.
Articles in this section
- What are the steps to becoming a Real Estate agent in New York?
- What kind of schedule does a Real Estate Salesperson work?
- What are the fees to becoming a Real Estate Salesperson in New York?
- What is a sponsoring or representative broker, and what do they do?
- What are the things to look for when choosing a representative broker?
- I have a felony or misdemeanor on my record. Can I still become a Real Estate Salesperson?
- What is the difference between a Salesperson and a Broker?
- What skills does a Real Estate Salesperson need to succeed?
- Can I be a part-time Real Estate Salesperson?
- How much does a Real Estate Salesperson make in New York?