The FBI conducts your criminal history background check. This process happens as soon as you attend your fingerprinting appointment. After your fingerprints are taken, they are electronically transmitted to the DPS and the FBI for your criminal history background check.
Articles in this section
- How do I schedule my fingerprinting appointment?
- Where do I go for my fingerprinting appointment?
- Can I just get my fingerprints done anywhere?
- In what scenarios would I not need to have my fingerprints done?
- What if I’ve already had fingerprinting done before?
- What happens when I’ve had my fingerprints taken?
- When and how do I get my background check done?
- What do I need to bring to my fingerprinting appointment?
- What happens at my fingerprinting appointment?
- When do I get my background check results from TREC?
Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!