Let's say you’ve been a successful agent for some time now. You’re ready to take the next big step in your career and take things up a notch.
Here’s how to become licensed as a real estate broker.
- Make sure you meet the qualifications to become a real estate broker.
- Complete 3600 points of experience and 900 hours of qualifying education courses.
- Have at least four years' active experience as a licensed real estate agent or broker during the 60-month period before you file your application.
- Submit your application and fee to become a real estate broker to TREC.
- Submit your education completion certificates to TREC.
- Wait for your eligibility letter to come from TREC.
- Schedule and attend your fingerprinting appointment and pass your background check.
- Schedule your licensing exam with Pearson VUE.
- Take and pass your licensing exam!
- Receive your active license via email!
- FUTURE STEP: Continuing Education Requirements
For more details, check out TREC's guide to becoming a broker by clicking here.