When you’re ready to take your real estate licensing exam, follow these steps to schedule it:
- Visit the Department of State website here
- Click on the “Licensing” menu, and select eAccessNY
- On the next page, click “Create my Account”
- Fill out the profile information
- You’ll receive an email with information about your account, as well as a temporary password. Carefully read the instructions in that email to learn how to log in to your eAccessNY account and set up a new password.
- Once you have logged in, select “Apply to Take An Exam” from the Main Menu.
- Read over and click the checkbox accept the state’s testing policies.
- Carefully follow the directions on the following screens to register for you exam. At the end, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $15 testing fee. You can do this using a Visa or Mastercard.
- Print your “Summary of Submission” page to bring with you to your testing site. It includes your exam information, as well as your candidate number.
Note: No walk-in testing is accepted - you’ll need to register at least 6 days before your exam date.