To get started on the entire licensing process, you'll need to make sure you meet the state’s qualifications to become a real estate salesperson. If you're in the clear to take our courses, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements.
1. Make sure you're qualified to become a real estate salesperson first.
Before you begin taking your pre-licensing courses, you'll first need to make sure you meet the State of Virginia’s qualifications for becoming a real estate salesperson.
Here are the requirements you need to meet:
- You can get started on your pre-license course work, but you’ll need to be 18 years old to apply for your real estate salesperson license.
- You’ll need to have a high school diploma or a GED at the time that you apply for your real estate salesperson license.
If you have any misdemeanors or felonies on your record, check out this article[a] to learn about your options.
Another thing to keep in mind are all of the startup fees for becoming a real estate salesperson.
2. Meet the system requirements to take our courses.
If you are using a computer:
- We are compatible with all computers, but it is recommended that your computer is on the latest software for the best experience.
- It is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer. We recommend being on the most up-to-date version of your Internet browser for the best experience. Internet Explorer is an extremely outdated software, so please use any of the other recommended browsers in the list.
If you are using an iPhone or an iPad:
- We are compatible with iOS software versions 9.3 and up
- The oldest compatible iPhone is an iPhone 4S on iOS 9.3.5
- The oldest compatible iPad is an iPad 2 on iOS 9.3.5
If you are using an Android smartphone or tablet:
- We are compatible with Android OS software versions 4.4 and up
[a]+email@example.com link to appropriate article