Are you considering getting into real estate? We don’t blame you -- it can be a really rewarding career! That being said, there are certain things to consider before taking the plunge.
- You are your own boss. You control the direction of your business.
- You work flexible schedules. The more time you invest, the more opportunities you have to close deals.
- You have unlimited income potential. If you sell more, you make more.
- If you love making others happy, this can be a very fulfilling career since you are helping clients with one of the most important decisions they will make in their lives.
- If you love interacting with people, real estate is great for you. You will spend a lot of your time talking with others whether through networking or guiding a client through the buying or selling process.
Things to Consider:
- There are several fees required to get started - you have to invest in yourself!
- Passing the Real Estate Salesperson Exam can be difficult (but AceableAgent is here to help you with that).
- Being your own boss is a lot of work. It’s like having your own business and you’re going to handle all aspects of it: finding leads, managing clients, networking, marketing, and doing administrative work. Good time management is critical!
- Your schedule revolves around your client’s needs. You generally work when others don’t and that means weekends. It can also mean dropping everything at a moment’s notice in order to help your client. They are your bread and butter, literally.
- Your income potential is affected by the amount of time you invest in your job and the market you cover.
- When you start out, you won’t be rolling in cash. It’s going to take some time as you continue to build your network and gain more clients.