If you’d like to become a real estate salesperson in South Carolina, you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Complete Unit I of your pre-license education
- Submit an Exam Eligibility Application to the South Carolina Real Estate Commission (SCREC)
- Get a criminal background check - steps to obtain one will be provided after submitting your exam application.
- Take and pass your licensing exam
- Complete Unit II of your pre-license education
- Find a sponsoring broker in charge
- Apply for your license!
You are required to complete Unit I of your pre-license education prior to sitting for your licensing exam, and Unit II is required before submitting your application for licensure. You can complete Unit II immediately after Unit I, or wait until you’ve passed your licensing exam.