To get started on the entire licensing process, you'll need to make sure you meet the state’s qualifications to become a real estate salesperson. If you're in the clear to take our courses, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements.
1. Make sure you're qualified to become a real estate agent first.
Before you begin taking your pre-licensing courses, you'll first need to make sure you meet Michigan’s qualifications for becoming a real estate salesperson.
Here are the requirements you need to meet:
- You can get started on your pre-license course work if you are under 18 years old, but you’ll need to be at least 18 years old to submit your application for your real estate salesperson license.
- You must have a Social Security Number at the time of your application. If you do not have one, you’ll need to submit a SSN Affidavit for Licensure.
You are not required to have a high school diploma or GED in order to earn your real estate salesperson license.
2. Meet the system requirements to take our courses.
If you are using a computer:
- We are compatible with all computers, but it is recommended that your computer is on the latest software for the best experience.
- It is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer. We recommend being on the most up-to-date version of your Internet browser for the best experience. Internet Explorer is an extremely outdated software, so please use any of the other recommended browsers in the list.
If you are using an iPhone or an iPad:
- Compatible with iOS software versions 9.3 and up
- The oldest compatible iPhone is an iPhone 4S on iOS 9.3.5
- The oldest compatible iPad is an iPad 2 on iOS 9.3.5
If you are using an Android smartphone or tablet:
- Compatible with Android OS software versions 4.4 and up