How do I know if I am a lawfully admitted alien?

If you have any kind of visa, TREC recommends that you contact your immigration authorities who helped you obtain legal status here. Verify with them that you are lawfully in the US. You also must have a Social Security Number in order to apply to become a real estate agent in Texas. Unfortunately, DACA recipients do not qualify to become real estate agents.

If you have a green card or a Permanent Resident card, you are considered a lawfully admitted alien, but feel free to confirm that with your immigration authorities.

Get Started With AceableAgent
Was this article helpful?
8 out of 13 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!