What do I do if I have an active real estate license in another state and want to practice in Texas?

You will need to go through the entire process just like everyone else. Yes, that does mean that you have to complete 180 hours of pre-licensing education. TREC does not have any reciprocity as far as licenses and courses from other states. With the Texas licensing exam, if you took your licensing exam in a state that is ARELLO-approved, you are allowed to skip the national portion of Texas’ real estate licensing exam. You would only have to take the Texas State Law portion.

Get Started With AceableAgent
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!