If you’ve been convicted of a crime, additional review time for processing your application will be necessary.
Applications are reviewed at commission meetings, and decisions are made to either grant a license, or preliminarily deny a license and provide the applicant with an opportunity to request an informal conference.
What to Include in your Application:
- Conviction summary info provided by the State Police
- Certified copies of court documents
- Letter from the Probation Officer, dated within 90 days, indicating current status
- Police incident reports
- Employment history (resume)
- Detailed description, in your own words, of the circumstances surrounding the conviction, and the disposition of the conviction.
- Signed and dated reference letter on company letterhead from the employing broker indicating that they are aware of all conviction(s) and are willing to hire you.
- Two signed and dated character references not related to or residing with you.
If you have additional questions about this process, please contact the Real Estate Commission.