I am licensed in another state. Do I need to take this course?

The State of New York currently has reciprocity agreements with nine states: 

  • Arkansas (broker only)
  • Colorado (broker and associate broker)
  • Connecticut (broker and salesperson)
  • Georgia (broker and salesperson)
  • Massachusetts (broker only)
  • Mississippi (broker only)
  • Oklahoma (broker and salesperson)
  • Pennsylvania (broker and salesperson)
  • West Virginia (broker and salesperson)

If your state isn’t on that list, it means you’ll have to complete a 77-hour pre-license course, as well as finding a sponsoring broker and passing the state licensing exam.

Check out this article to learn more details about each of these state's reciprocity agreements.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!