I completed real estate education elsewhere. Do I still need to complete the 77-hour pre-licensing course?

New York may waive the 77-hour education requirement if you can show documentation of an equivalent level of schooling. 

To apply for an education waiver, you’ll need to submit the following documents:

  • An official transcript from an accredited college or university showing completion of the relevant course(s).
  • An official description of the subject matter. This can usually be found in a course catalogue!
    • Note: New York will not accept CE Courses, Correspondence Courses, or Paralegal Courses. 

Send the information listed above, along with a letter requesting a waiver of the qualifying education requirements to:

        Department of State, Division of Licensing Services - Bureau of Educational Standards

        P.O. Box 22001

        Albany, NY, 12201-2001 

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for technical assistance with our courses, or Examity?
Click to go to our Technical & Troubleshooting section!
Not finding your answer? Let us help!
Our Student Concierge is here for you 7 days a week!
Ready to be an #AceableAgent?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and take the first steps towards launching your new career!