Yes, we offer live in-person proctoring if you do not have access to a computer with a webcam.
Here's how this process works:
- Find an approved proctor who is one of the following:
- An employee at an official testing or learning/tutoring center
- Librarian at a school, university, or public library
- College or university administrator, faculty, or academic advisor
- Clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque, or church
- Educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility
- Notary public.
Who cannot be a proctor?
- A current unfinished student (knowingly or unknowingly) cannot proctor another student.
- Your proctor cannot be a member of your family.
- Who cannot be a proctor?
- Email our Student Concierges with your appointment time and a completed Proctor Approval Form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you a confirmation email when we have processed the form. Our typical response times during business hours are within 1-3 hours. Outside business hours, we will respond first thing in the morning!
- Print out the Proctor Instructions & Affidavits and bring them to your appointment. Do NOT fill out the forms beforehand.
- You'll show up at your scheduled appointment time and one of our Student Concierges will call your proctor at the scheduled time to provide them a unique code they will use to unlock your exam.
- You will sign into your AceableAgent account from our website.
- Click "Resume Course" to access the page to unlock your exam. NOTE: Do not click on "Schedule your exam" as that is for online proctoring.
- Your proctor will unlock your test by entering the code in the bottom right corner of your screen where it says, "Exam unlock password." The box may appear greyed out, but the proctor can still enter their code. There is no need to click "Connect to Proctor" - this is a feature associated with Examity and does not apply to in-person proctoring.
- Verifying your government-issued photo identification
- Making sure that your calculator has basic functions, no letters, and is hand-held, battery, or solar-powered
- Making sure your scratch paper is blank on both sides
- The proctor will set a two-hour time limit using a timer.
- Upon completing the exam, you will know immediately whether you have passed or failed. If you have failed, you will be locked out of the exam. You will be able to retake your exam in 3 days.
- Your proctor will ensure that you do not copy, print, or remove any materials from the exam. This means you cannot keep your scratch paper or write down anything for future studying - no worries, if you reach out to us, we will happily provide you with more tailored study guides!
- Your proctor will complete the Proctor Affidavit while you will complete the Student Affidavit.
- You will email both affidavits to email@example.com.